Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2003, 01:26 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

well, still no change with the white spot. has not gotten any more either. cleaner shrimp jumps on him frequently and doesn't eat that one spot. what else could it be? i tried to take a picture but it's so small you can't see it.

Old 08-28-2003, 02:41 AM   #12
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilismom1
well, still no change with the white spot. has not gotten any more either.
Might not be anything worth concern then. Fish do get abnormal marking as well as other "unidentifiable" blemishes. Keep watching but if nothing developes and your other fish remain healthy , then just enjoy.

Quote:
cleaner shrimp jumps on him frequently and doesn't eat that one spot. what else could it be? i tried to take a picture but it's so small you can't see it.
I'm guessing the fish is still in the main tank with the mention of the shrimp?
If you do ever get the opportunity to post a pic in future by all means 8)

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

i bought the shrimp two days ago just for him. i put him into the qt tank with the tang and he jumped right on him. the tang seemed to really like it. he opened his gills really big so the shrimp could get in there. it was sooo cool. that shrimp has been over every inch and i've seen him at the "spot" but doesn't eat it. i thought i'd need to keep them both in qt for four weeks. right?
Old 08-28-2003, 03:52 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

yes indeed. QT all new additions to your tank.

can I ask how you are acclimating your fish, to the QT tank and from the QT to your main tank?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

i have tubing with a little valve that i use to drip them into a bucket or pitcher depending on the size. it's been taking about an hour. so far everyone has done great even the corals. the tang was already in qt but i thought i saw ich on him so i took him back out. the reason i had him qt at the store for 2 weeks is because i had another fish in there already and i didn't want to start over. also, this is suggested in the article on qt as an option or i wouldn't have excercised it.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:16 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

i have tubing with a little valve that i use to drip them into a bucket or pitcher depending on the size. it's been taking about an hour. so far everyone has done great even the corals. the tang was already in qt but i thought i saw ich on him so i took him back out. the reason i had him qt at the store for 2 weeks is because i had another fish in there already and i didn't want to start over. also, this is suggested in the article on qt as an option or i wouldn't have excercised it.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:19 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

well, the "spot" has been gone now for 2 days. don't know whether it fell off or was eaten by shrimp. the majority of it was gone the first day and the tiny bit remaining disappeared day 2. if this was ich about how long before it starts to manifest itself again as "spots"?
Old 09-12-2003, 02:18 AM   #18
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilismom1
if this was ich about how long before it starts to manifest itself again as "spots"?
Anywhere from 1-7 days depending on how many trophont left the fish to become tomonts and multiply. It can take upto 2 weeks before a few parasites becomes an infestation.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com