Ich devolpment in ~4 year old established tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are those pics of the fish while it was still wet?
I am wondering if the shining parts are wet. Otherwise it looks like it could be Oodinium or Lymphocystis.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I really appreciate everyone's input. In response to some of the questions: My tank does not have a UV sterilizer on it. My tang was eating seaweed about 3 times a week and frozen cubes the other days (VHP, Spirulina, Prime Reef, Formula One, Formula Two).

The only issue I was having with water quality was my nitrates. Back in December they were around 40, but I started doing small weekly water changes instead of a large monthly, and they are down to around 10 now.

My percula clown and black and yellow blenny have been perfectly fine since my tang has passed away. Those pictures I posted of my tang were immediately after she was removed from the water, so she was probably still a little wet, but I did notice that she looked unusually shiny.

I just hate not knowing what the issue was - especially since she has been super healthy for the past 4 years...

Back
Top Bottom