Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ich help!

Well last week my Domino Damsel started showing signs of ICH, so I went to the LFS and got a new heater cause my water temp. was fluctuating with the previous heater I had. (I thought that could of been the cause of him getting sick) Next day the fish looked a lot better, but now things has just gotten worse my female clown also has ICH. What to do now? I've never experience ICH so I don't know where to go from here... Please HELP!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi there,

the best way to get rid of ich is to set up a separate tank, move the fish there, and treat.

Then you must leave your display tank empty for 8 weeks.

I am currently going through ich now.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

remove the fish to a qt tank do not treat the display. I've found the best think for me was cupramine made by seachem.Dose as directed it works great, but you'll need to get a copper test kit like (salifert) to make sure the dosage is correct. It should be able to test ionic copper if you go with a different brand. Make sure you watch the ammo. and trites. good luck
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

When setting up a QT, I'm I supposed to use the same water from my DT or new water? Sorry for the silly question, this is my first time dealing with the ich situation....thank you all!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

When setting up a QT, I'm I supposed to use the same water from my DT or new water? Sorry for the silly question, this is my first time dealing with the ich situation....thank you all!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

You can use water from your display and treat with curpamine by seachem and use seachem multi test kit use as directed the rich has a life cycle and the copper will kill the free floating stage which will in turn cure your fish make sure not to over dose also a UV sterilizer will help to kill and prevent ich in your display
Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Hyposalinity is IMO the best treatment for Ich. It is the least stressful on the fish and runs the course of the Ich lifecycle. That way you eliminate it from both the DT and fish at the same time.

UV will not really help with Ich. There is very little time in the water column.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

You can't use hyposalinty if you have inverts and its hard to keep the level to 1.009 unless you have an auto top off due to evaporation and if it gets above that you have to start all over and since I've installed a UV I've not had one rich problem
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Is ”coppersafe” any good?

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com