Ich help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadowbrk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a ich out break for about 1 month. 3 fish died and we used all different types of formula. The fish are still eating and active. Unable to use hospital tank because of caves and reef tank. All the fish still have ich. I also bought a UV serializer. Any suggestion? Thank you

Unfortunately there is no other way to cure ich other than in a hospital tank with copper or hypo. All other treatments won't wok I am afraid. What size tank and what kind of fish?

80 gal reef tank. Fish in tank 2 clownfish, Scopic tang, 3 chromous, yellow watchmen goby, cleaner shrimp that are still alive but still covered in ich.

I had a ich out break for about 1 month. 3 fish died and we used all different types of formula. The fish are still eating and active. Unable to use hospital tank because of caves and reef tank. All the fish still have ich. I also bought a UV serializer. Any suggestion? Thank you
You need to get those fish into a qt tank and treat them before its to late. The uv won't do to much with the ich on the fish it will only kill the free floating ones. You also need to keep your mt fishless for at least 6 to 8 weeks to make sure the ich die off.

+1 with ich in the DT the only option is to remove the fish and run fallow. I would recommend getting a QT setup for the old fish now and any new fish later.

Back
Top Bottom