Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2004, 12:07 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

My Nitrite in the qt is 0, my ammonia is .5, and nitrate is a bit high. I have got some water ready for a change tomorrow. I'm going to change 5gallons, i think that is about 22% water change. Is this ok?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-16-2004, 12:28 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I would start at about 3. Don't want to stress them more than they already are. If it doesn't help, then I would increase. Stay light with the feeding. Don't let anything hit the bottom. Thats you biggest problem with qt ammonia, overfeeding.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:24 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

How much and how often should I use the Cupramine?? The lfs said go half the dosage. What do all of you think?
Old 05-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #34
steve-s

Follow the diorections for the best results and be sure to monitor the levels with the corresponding test kit. Half dosage will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChem
DIRECTIONS: Remove all invertebrates. Turn off UV sterilizer; remove chemical filtration. Use 1 mL (top mark of enclosed dispenser) per 40 L (10.5 gallons*) the first day, wait 48 hours, then repeat for a total dose of 0.5 mg/L (in freshwater, use half dose). Leave at this concentration for 14 days. Do not redose without testing (MultiTest: Copper™). Do not use in conjunction with any other medication. If tank has ever been treated with an ionic copper (e.g. copper chloride, sulfate or citrate), test copper level after initial dosing. Although most fish tolerate Cupramine™ to 0.8 mg/L, it is not advisable to exceed 0.6 mg/L copper. Remove with carbon or CupriSorb™
Cheers
Steve
Old 05-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, I have used this product 3 times and followed the above instructions to the letter. The ourcome is 100%. Awsome product if used correctly.
On my bottle it states 2 drops per gallon for 48 hours, then 2 more drops per gallon for a dose of .5 . In other works 1/2 strength for 2 days and then full strength for 2 weeks.
Maintain by dosing the change water and test the dosage every day.
Steve, you must have your hard drive full of this stuff.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:47 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is my problem. This is the test I got, this is the only one I could find. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=2004+113074
The test bottle has two lines, one about 2/3 an inch from the bottom, and one line almost to the top. Which onre do I use?

Next Problem. I did as the lfs said before I got a response back from you guys. Now what should I do?
I have 6 gallons of water to do a water change. Do I treat the water before it goes in? How much since I already put 1/2 dose into the tank?

I'm sorry for this confusing stuff. If you can and will help, Thanks. I now I am a pain in the old rump!! 8O

I am only going to change about 4gallons.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:55 AM   #37
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhtree
Here is my problem. This is the test I got, this is the only one I could find. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=2004+113074
The test bottle has two lines, one about 2/3 an inch from the bottom, and one line almost to the top. Which onre do I use?
The one at the very top. It should be level with where the neck extends beyond the main body.

Quote:
Next Problem. I did as the lfs said before I got a response back from you guys. Now what should I do?
Add the remainder of what the original amount should have been based on the actual water volume for the QT and then in 48 hrs add the next dose.

Quote:
I have 6 gallons of water to do a water change. Do I treat the water before it goes in? How much since I already put 1/2 dose into the tank?
If you need top do the water change, dose the change water as if you where just starting the treatment on the tank. So with 1 ml treating 10.5 gal a little over the ½ mark or as quarryshark indicated, 12 drops. Once you are past the second step of the treatment, use 4 drops/gal for future water changes. You should not need to add any more copper to the tank after the second treatment though but test to be sure. Any treated water for water changes should maintain the levels just fine.

Quote:
I am only going to change about 4gallons.
Then use only eight drops

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-17-2004, 01:57 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes treat the water before it goes in.
You have the wrong test kit. Here is the one you need.
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=SC4137
If you can't get it, let me know. I will send you mine. I don't need it right now.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry Steve, I forgot you are on metric. The world would be an easier place if we all were.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #40
steve-s

Fastest copper kits will read for chelated copper but I am unsure how accurate it will read for Cupramine since it is not a true chelate.

Nice offer quarryshark

Cheers
Steve

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com