Ich I think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I had the fastest kit(from my LFS) when I first purchased the cupramine. It didn't work. After some research, I found the sea chem kit, which IMO is the best kit for this drug. It works great. Marine Depot will get it to you fast. If out of stock, open offer....i have a ups account.

Hi all, I have been out of town and well, I'm Back! Thanks again for all the help. Also thanks very much quarryshark for your offer to let me borrow your test. I am very grateful for all the help that I have recieved. I will buy the test online. Thanks.
I'll keep you updated.

Guess What??? I was looking at the filter on my qt tank for the first time since I moved it to the 20g tank, and found out that it is a CARBON FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Now what do I do, since i have been using the cupramine? Man am I stupid!!

The filter has been running in the other qt tank for a 4 to 5 weeks before it was added to this tank. Is it possible the carbon was not active? I hope! If not, WHAT??
:cry:

Sorry I know I am alot of trouble. :( :( HELP PLEASE!!!!! :roll: :roll:

No biggie, they seem to come stock with it. Just pull the carbon and test the copper . Adjust as necessary.

Hey qshark I know I can count on you to answer when I need help. The problem is that I am just to scared, with that cupramine. I'm not even sure what an apropriate copper level is. Some have told me, but what would you suggest?

Thanks again friend! :wink:

Rev, the level is .5 or 4 drops per gallon. You really need to get that test kit from sea chem (multitest for copper). It is very accurate imo.
With the carbon running, all bets are off on the level of copper in the tank. It would be on the low side.

Back
Top Bottom