Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ich Identification

Does anyone think this is ick? It sorta looks like it. What's your opinion? This fish has been in my tank 10 months & was quarantined & medicated. No signs of stress, swims & eats vigoresly. Noticed the speck last night. From what I know about Ick & it's life stages, there are only two ways it could have gotten into my tank since I quarantine & medicate all of my fish. The first way it by coming in as it's free swimming stage. The reason I say this is because I recently switched from bottled Catalina water to my LFS's ocean water that gets collected miles off the coast of Miami Beach by a company that I know doesn't sterilize their water since small crabs & sponges attach themselves to the water tanks of the LFS. The other way is by coming in on the shell of a red reef crab that I just added in it's incubation period. I didn't mind to quarantine it for two months which I should have. I'm gona keep a close eye on it & act if it does. In the meantime I think I'm switching back to bottled water just to be on the safe side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02182.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	221456   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02185.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	221457  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02187.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	221458   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02200.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	221462  

Old 02-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

It may be a bit of sand.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It can't be I use seachem grey coast. It's not as fine as that speck.

Tags
ich, identification

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com