Ich im over it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trzabka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK so I got a 120 gallon tank that is infested with Ich my fish spent 8 weeks total in quarantine/ hypo. the last three weeks they showed Zero ich. now about a 3 daysafter being in the DT they agian are breaking out with ICH. FML ok so i intend to check my parameters. I Imagine all parameters are at ok levels the fish are all still eating very hearty. I assume I will end up removing the fish from the display tank and starting over with hypo. My yellow tang id showing the most spots and has the been ideling in the corner and ocasionaly scrating on rocks. I will be leaving a stingray in the tank only option. assuming 8 weeks fallow without fish in the tank. I can only assume that i will have to leave it empty for 10 weeks. Does anybody have any thoughts on what i could do. I have a small QT tank 29 gallons i can attempt copper in a ten gallon i own however the size of fish will really be hard to keep them without stress and i prefer not to put copper in my 29. i was thinking maybe put the ray in the 29 with a fat sand bed and hypo the DT. I know i would have to remove the sandbed but how will my rocks fair and how hard will it be to keep amonia down. Ill tell you im ready to be done with keeping fish i have had a hard time with salt and tried to do everything according to the books but it seems i keep missing some steps somewhere.

My question is why do you have a stingray in a 120? What is your other stock? Ich can sometimes take longer than 8 weeks to die completely.

well the odvious answer would be my girlfreind wanted it and i didnt want to put it in 55 so 120 was the next best thing for the time being. I have a powder blue, yellow tang, heniocu,s clown, bicolor ange,l and a cardinal. Please dont lecture me about the size of the tank, I am fully aware that this 3 inch tiny stingray will need to be placed in atleast a 200G tank

well the odvious answer would be my girlfreind wanted it and i didnt want to put it in 55 so 120 was the next best thing for the time being. I have a powder blue, yellow tang, heniocu,s clown, bicolor ange,l and a cardinal. Please dont lecture me about the size of the tank, I am fully aware that this 3 inch tiny stingray will need to be placed in atleast a 200G tank

I was just curious, no lecturing lol. My gf makes me buy things for my tank too. Back to the question. It could be that the ich didn't completely die off and thus came back when the fish stressed out.

yeah I kinda figured so but. Im just looking for the solution on to put the ray in the 29 for the next 10 weeks and hypo the DT or put all the fish in the 29 and fallow the dt for 10 weeks. eather way the ray is screwing me over!! i Know he is a invert but nobody knows enough about them to tell me whether it can carry ich

hypo a display tank

what will happen if i hypo my display tank? how will the live rock do and what about the sand bed. If i remove the sand bed will i have a problem with amonia. does hypo kill nitrafing bacteria? does this mean my tank would recycle? I know 120 gallons is alot to hypo.

what will happen if i hypo my display tank? how will the live rock do and what about the sand bed. If i remove the sand bed will i have a problem with amonia. does hypo kill nitrafing bacteria? does this mean my tank would recycle? I know 120 gallons is alot to hypo.

I would not hypo the dt. You will kill most of the inverts in the tank and the live rock bacteria will mostly die off. The ray is a cartilaginous fish and I don't think they can get ich but I'm not positive on it.

Back
Top Bottom