ich on blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've noticed ich on my very small blue tang.. he looks healthy otherwise purchased him about a month or so ago for fathers day gift spots seem to come in go only maybe 4 or 5 spots.. was thinking just sand since everyfish I've seen on net with ich are covered.. I set up a qt for him. However.. no other fish are showing these spots.. should I move over all the fish for the 6 to 8 weeks.. its only a 10 gallon.. any ideas.. should I treat with copper? I've read success rates for hyposalinty are low.. I've seen one of the moderaters for furum have some links but I never thought id have this issue..

Good reads for sure..read them a few times myself over the years
I have performed hypo on about 12 fish since being in the hobby(never lost one) ...its part of my QT process...not sure why you are reading about low success rates...for the money i spend on fish i would much rather treat them with hypo over copper or any snake oil products out there...

Maybe I will do somewater changes and drop salt lvl little by little id hate to lose a 60 dollar fish.

jsmith said:
Maybe I will do somewater changes and drop salt lvl little by little id hate to lose a 60 dollar fish.

I don't even know if I should have done it. His color was so deep, breathing was great and very active... I wonder if some good soaked garlic food would have done it.. like I said only had one or two spots but his eyes were cloudy... problem im having is I still have fish in the dt with no signs.. I quess im just questioning myself now..

In order for hypo to work your level must be dropped within 36-48 hours..i always do 36 hours ,,drop it to 1.008...the fish can handle a fast drop,,not a fast raise..
What is your situation right now?...if you want, just pump him full of garlic and hope he fights it off..

FTMMWS said:
In order for hypo to work your level must be dropped within 36-48 hours..i always do 36 hours ,,drop it to 1.008...the fish can handle a fast drop,,not a fast raise..
What is your situation right now?...if you want, just pump him full of garlic and hope he fights it off..

He is in qt with first dose of copper...im think taking him back out once I see spots gone put him back in dt pump him full of garlic... sound like a better idea?

Man IDK,,the ich is in your DT,,,he may just get it again..I would leave him in QT and finish the copper treatment,since you started it...Keep an eye on your DT fish too,,the ich may get to them,and its always there now...

Back
Top Bottom