Originally Posted by Mebbid
I would highly suggest against the use of copper for treating a display tank. Especially one with inverts and corals in it. If you wanted to treat the fish with the cupramine in the QT tank that would be fine, but you don't want to run into any potential issues with copper exposure.
Cupramine™ effectively eradicates Oodinium, Cryptocaryon, Amyloodinium, Ichthyophthirius, and other ectoparasites of both freshwater and marine fish. It is superior to copper sulfate, chloride & citrate: it is non-acidic, less toxic to fish, remains in solution, and does not contaminate the filter bed. It is superior to chelates: it is fully charged (ionic), active at low concentrations, and is removable with carbon.