Ich or Irritation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popothemailman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a red coris wrasse and an xmas wrasse from the lfs. The red coris had a bit of ich 1 dot on 2 fins. The xmas had none. I decided to treat them both with clout, because im paranoid of parasites and they were both in the same tank. The second treatment of clout was put in yesterday at 7pm after a 1/3 waterchange. My Xmas wrasse still has no visible ich but does however twitch and then scratch on a shell in the QT. Does he have ich or is he irritated by the medicine? both are eating fine(been marinating in Garlic Xtreme). I just want to know if i should get the xmas out of there. Also the coris's ich has gone down evidently, the 2 dots were pretty sizeable and are now small. I have yet to see him today, he is under a shell. once all visible signs are gone should i keep treating or put in the main tank.(Clout's online instructions say up to 6 treatments, if do another today it will be the third)

Thanks

Not familiar with this product but keep treating him per the instructions - and make sure he is in the qt for at LEAST 30days total. Part of ICHs cycle is not seen on the fish, but it's still present - so don't return him to the tank just because spots are gone. If symptoms are gone after 30 days it is eliminated. If this does not work I recommend copper or hyposalinity.

Back
Top Bottom