ich or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

werd2738

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I added a copperband butterfly to my tank fri evening. All seems well so far, as its swimming around actively and eating great. Last night while feeding I noticed one very small white speck on the tail fin and three small white specks on the left pectoral fin. All are really only noticeable when looked at up to the light. Should I worry or is this something possibly harmless? I haven't noticed any ill signs such as loss of appetite or scratching. I would try to take a pic but its next to impossible to get a clear shot and I doubt the specks would even be visible anyhow. Any advice would be greatly appreciate

Update. Speck on tail fin is gone. Still has three on left pectoral. Should i qt now, or wait and see? My damsels are both fine with no sign of spots of any kind.

Ich will get on a fish and then drop off to the substrate where each one has over two hundred little ones called tomites will come from each one. As each cycle happens there becomes more and more in the tank. I would assume that is what is happening here. Read these

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro

Back
Top Bottom