Ich Outbreak on my Powder Blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But I heard that if you turn on your UV during the time that you medicate your tank the solution will dissolve.

Never heard of it. Although I know little to nothing about UV...

I agree with Biggen and that is why I suggested to turn the UV on and feed the fish good stuff and let the natural battle begin...
Only my humble opinion !

What is the GPH flow rate thru the UV? This is CRITICAL in efficent operation of your UV unit. Do you know what the manufactures min/max suggested flow rates thru the unit are?

my tang

My yellow tang has white spots on it sometimes covered and like an hour later they are gone, I dont understand it as well. 8O

Re: my tang

serenahec said:
My yellow tang has white spots on it sometimes covered and like an hour later they are gone, I dont understand it as well. 8O
do you have a cleaner shrimp, if you do then mabey it eat them?

Well, My fish ae still eating. as for the remedies, I have been treating the tank with Cupramin & while keeping my UV sterilizer on. Also, I feed them frozen food once a day and put some garlic Xtreme in the food, then in the afternoon, I give them Spectrum pellets along with Formula One & two.

I have my fish in a qt tank now. I will keep them in there for a month to treat for ich with coppersafe. Can you guys reccommend a good testkit for copper. I want to make sure to keep the levels safe for the fish...between .15 and .25 ppm, right??

Coppersafe is a chelated form of copper and should be tested with a chelated test kit. Seachem makes a decent one but whatever you decide to buy, be sure it is intended for use with chelated copper.

5 ml (1 tspn) treats 4 gal of actual tank water and only one dose should be necessary. It stays in the system for up to one month and should be at 0.25 ppm.

Cheers
Steve

Hi to all,

Just would like to ask if UV is effective in killing Ich in the Tank. If by using UV would would no longer need to remove fishes showing no sign of Ich in my Tank though I just quarantined my sailfin tang infested with Ich?

Thanks. 8)

Back
Top Bottom