Ich outbreak - Possible alternatives? Ca issues as well.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Unfrotunately, I made the dumb mistake of putting a fish in without QT first, and the result is that my entire tank is infested with ich. I simply don't have the time/resources to catch all the fish, not to mention it would disrupt all of my corals/rockwork. I also don't have any place to put them.

Do fish have any chance of surviving ich? Should I simply stop feeding all fish? Will all my corals/inverts be fine? There's pretty much nothing I can do at this point.

I've pretty much decided to just do as much as I can to keep all my corals/inverts happy and alive.

I also tested my Ca and it's 520ppm. I haven't added anything. What do I do?

I can tell you from experience that the snake oil cures for ich are just that - snake oil. The only thing that will get rid of ich for sure is a fishless tank for 6-8 weeks.

neilster1 said:
I can tell you from experience that the snake oil cures for ich are just that - snake oil. The only thing that will get rid of ich for sure is a fishless tank for 6-8 weeks.

That`s the best advice I`ve heard today.
(y) (y)

Back
Top Bottom