Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Maybe put a powerhead in the qt and point it upwards a bit, might bring the ph up a bit. Also, when did you test the ph? It will be lowest after the lights are out for awhile and then in the morning it will start to rise.
7.8 is not great but it isnt bad. you dont wanna start dosing chemicals now, it will just mess with the whole situation and your fish are sick already. If it drops lower I'd say do a decent water change to get it up as most salt mixes will bring it to where it needs to be

Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks. Well I've tested in morning as I'm working in the afternoon and only having the lights on for few hrs. I'm dropping the salt levels so only adding ro at min to start the hypo so only doing 3 gal wc aday. Will add a powerhead and see what it test at.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi so I got a hanna ph tester and it's at 7.6 so will keep an eye on it.so I've just reached .009 took me about aweek as been busy with work, is all salt mixes the same ph when ready for wc as never mixed my own.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi can someone tell me best way to check salinity as I have two different refractometers, I'm doing hypo at min and don't know if reads are true as my good one don't have reading down to zero so bought one that does and it's different most of the time. What I was thinking if I set my good one up so zero is on the bottom line with reading on think it's .015 lowest reading and count the results would that work. Thanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com