Ich Quarentine Period

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwright

Aquarium Advice Regular
As a newbie to the saltwater hobby I have learned in a hurry the value of a Quarantine tank. I have had 3 Fish in quarantine for 4 wks and 2 days. I did not learn about Hyposalinity in time so I went with a copper treatment (Copper Safe).

My question is how much longer do they need to be in QT? They are doing great I havent seen spots for most of the QT process. They are feeding well.

My main display tank has been fishless for that time. A couple Shrimp and some snails have been living it up in the main tank.

1 Blue Ringed Angle
2 percula Clowns
Have been in QT

Leave the main fallow for another 2 weeks or so and you should be good to add them back.

Thank You,

I was hoping that I was done, but I surely dont want to do this again, so I will wait 2 more weeks.

Should I continue with the Copper Treatment in QT for that 2 weeks or start lowering the copper levels?

Thanks Again.

4 weeks is plenty of time for copper. You don't need to start lowering the level. You can just do water changes and remove the copper with carbon.
Watch for 2 weeks like Atari stated and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom