Ich question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank that just had a very bad ich outbreak. I had taken my QT down a few weeks before because I was not introducing any new fish and everything in the tank looked healthy. I lost a few fish before I could get the QT up again.

My question is, my only two remaining fish are a firefish and a snowflake eel. Neither of these show any signs of ich at all. I have them in QT now so that my display can sit for 6 weeks fishless. Do I need to treat these two fish if they do not show any signs of ich? Will I need to do anything before I return them to my main tank? Please let me know.

Thanks

Yes you should treat with either hypo or copper. Some fish will not show signs of ich like others. Some build up like an immunity, but are still exposed. I would take no chances. :wink:

I do not believe eels can get ich, i am not sure why it may have to do with their extremely slimy coat, but i have read that they very rarely get sick. If u can avoid doing a hypo on him it may save him the stress

Eels are not immune, they are just highly resistant. If you leave the eel, you risk not eliminating the parasite, treat it as well.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom