ich question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcarola154

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I have a yellow watchman goby that came down with ich. Now, I give all my fish a close examination every day (they are right next to my desk... and i get bored a lot) I just spotted it today, pulled him out right away and placed him in a QT. Now, my question is... do you think the ich already had time to drop off of the goby so it could start to reproduce? I am tempted to go buy a UV sterilizer to ensure that the ich doesnt make it into my other tank (I have two different tanks linked by the sump). Do you think I would be ok without it? I would rather not go spend money that I dont really have right now, but I also dont want to take a stupid risk of all my fish coming down with ich.

If it is indeed ich that you have in your tank, it's already spread if you can observe it. And all tanks that are linked are at risk. A UV sterilizer isn't going to cure the problem. Save your money and just keep an eye on the rest of the inhabitants. Your going to have to wait at least a month before your in the clear from further ich break outs. I would QT the goby for now and just keep an eye on the rest of the fish. Start hypo on the goby too.

Are you sure it's ICH. I've learned that what might look like ich at first is really not. On more than one occasion I thought it was ich and it turned out to be something else. Can you describe what the ICH looks like on the goby?

little white dots about the size of a grain of salt

oh i forgot to mention the goby was only 3 days old and I (extremely stupidly) figured that since he wasnt going to be stressed due to other fish and such (he was in a tank of his own) that i wouldnt have to worry too much about putting him in a qt. dumb idea... wont make that mistake again

Back
Top Bottom