Ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am wondering when I buy a fish can I treat the fish with ick medication before I put fish into my reef tank. Just to make sure there will be no prob with iCk

Ideally you observe the fish for a few weeks in a QT and treat if it comes down with anything. There are things other than Ich out there. Treating a fish for something it does not have adds stress. I've heard of people running QT at Hyposalinity levels, but that does not help with something like marine velvet. Copper gets a lot, but it is essentially a poison, so you could be stressing out your new fish for no reason with that.

TheTodd said:
Ideally you observe the fish for a few weeks in a QT and treat if it comes down with anything. There are things other than Ich out there. Treating a fish for something it does not have adds stress. I've heard of people running QT at Hyposalinity levels, but that does not help with something like marine velvet. Copper gets a lot, but it is essentially a poison, so you could be stressing out your new fish for no reason with that.

Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom