Ich treatment without QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capncavey

Aquarium Advice Activist
My gramma has ich, keeps trying to scratch and what not. Can I use 3 gallon bucket with heater and water from tank?
What more would be needed?
Now if I dump a quart a day from quarantine bucket and replace from DT will that keep oxygen up?
Please help I got blue spotted gobie that is healthy

Btw using quick treatment...copper based fastest?

Do you have an airstone? That would be the best for oxygenation in a bucket.

By putting him in a bucket your doing absolutely nothing. The ick will live for 8 weeks in your main tank so unless you remove all the fish and treat them and leave the tank fish less for 8 weeks your not doing anything.

After doing a little digging realized that if I was using water from DT I would be reintroducing ich. Lol wow nobody caught that 8)
That would have been such a nuisance

If you use copper, the iCh would die, even from display tank water. I am dealing with it now.

After doing a little digging realized that if I was using water from DT I would be reintroducing ich. Lol wow nobody caught that 8)
That would have been such a nuisance

I didn't know that! So when you QT a fish...you have to use whole new water?...that makes things so much more complicated :(

Check roserblu post I may have made boo boo with post

I am taking all fish from my 180g tomm and doing copper for 6 weeks! I'll never not QT again!!!!!

I am trying out "Herbatana" and doing 10% water changes an hour after lights go out. I am going to do this routine till Halloween and hope that gets the job done.

Capncavey said:
I am trying out "Herbatana" and doing 10% water changes an hour after lights go out. I am going to do this routine till Halloween and hope that gets the job done.

Keep us informed!

Threw in the towel and bought a 14 gallon QT. gramma is looking rough and now blue spotted goby isn't looking to swift.
Starting hypo tomorrow evening.

Herbatana was useless for me. Gramma got ick bad and now others not happy. Got them in quarantine doing hypo. Went straight to 1.009 got to kick that ick before it kills my fish.

Well dart fish is gone and looks like the other 2 aren't to far behind. Maybe should have done copper, couldn't have been any worse :(

I think I know what I did wrong and hope you have some ideas. My ph was off when I dropped fishies in so I think they are in shock also sg was way down. Goby is all that is left and he hasn't eaten since start. He is breathing deeply, not really gasping, sometimes on his side. Looking real skinny. Knowing is half the battle but fixing is other.

Goby isn't looking to shabby although he still hasn't eaten. I got some live brine going on...no luck yet. My nitrates are at .5 so would that make him not hungry? Ph is 7.8 ammonia .5 also. 12 gallon qt with some PVC. I am doing 2 gallon Pwc 2x a day. moving up to 3 gallons, that will be max I can do. Assuming it is a cycle and all I can do is pwc pwc pwc. If I am wrong please fill me in.
Lastly can I put bioballs in DT even though it has ick? Trying to get bb going.

Well my nitrites are at .25 and my nitrates are at +5.0, ammonia .25 and jawfish isn't looking to shabby. Still not trying to escape so not quite healthy but breathing is better.

Back
Top Bottom