Ich-x

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inverts I am referring to soft corals, polyps, sebea anenome, bandit shrimp, emerald crab and pom-pom crab?

no, i don't. but- In 1992 Canadian authorities determined that eating fish contaminated with malachite green posed a significant health risk.[4] Malachite green was classified a Class II Health Hazard.

What's the best way to treat a sick Ich infested fish? I did a ich-x dip in a small nano quarantine. But is there something better? I lost a baby blue tang, a green clown goby and now my clown has it and I don't want to lose another. I'm guessing it all started when a puffer I had was messing with them and stressing them out. I no longer have the puffer cuz I decided to go to a reef tank.

Malachite green will kill invertebrates. Malachite green does not affect ich as it is anti-fungal. Copper is the most affordable solution as is hyposalinity. Copper will suppress appetite while hypo. takes longer to kill the parasite along with invite Uronema to the table.

Those are some great sites! What I didn't get out of them is if the ich stays in the tank even though fish are out? Or does the ich only feed off of the fish?

All teleosts are susceptible to the parasite with exceptions to cartilaginous fishes, which are disease *resistant. Leaving the aquarium fallow for 4-6 weeks will starve the infestation.

Back
Top Bottom