Ick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gibbin94

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a six line wrasse from my LFS and it is showing signs of hawing ich, little white spots. i have invertebrates in my tank so i was wondering what is the best medicine for Ick that doesn't have copper in it.:confused:

don't know much about saltwater tanks, but im dealing with ich in my brackish tank, and i use the aquarium salt method. im not sure if its the same thing for marine. aquarium salt is okay to use with inverts

well now i wish i had quarantined my new fish... :( but does anyone have an idea of a specific medication that is effective, but also is reef safe?

Really doesn't exist. If you don't have a QT tank for him, you need to go get one. If you can't afford one right now, I would take the fish back before he really infects your tank.

would a 5 gallon be fine or do i need more volume in the hospital tank to keep parameters more stable for the sick fish?

if the fish looks healthy and it is eating leave it where it at the more you move it the worse it will get if you do not have a cleaner shrimp know is a good time to invest in one they will help alot but before you buy another fish get a qt tank i help run a salt water fish store and have done this for about 7 years thats what we do

I've also heard UV sterolizers help to kill the parasites in the floating stage, is this true?

UV will only kill the ones that actually go through it. The vast majority of the parasites won't.

Copper or hyposalinity are your best bets if you want to rid yourself of it.

if the fish looks healthy and it is eating leave it where it at the more you move it the worse it will get if you do not have a cleaner shrimp know is a good time to invest in one they will help alot but before you buy another fish get a qt tank i help run a salt water fish store and have done this for about 7 years thats what we do
Cleaner shrimp will not get rid of "Saltwater Ich".

If you have the money Chloroquine rules all; otherwise, I agree with hypo.

Back
Top Bottom