ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so i have ick on a sailfin tang i had it on my blue hippo tang and was able to quarintine it in a 20 gallon for now, but problem is i know its still in the system so how can i kill it as i only have my quarintine and display tank so i cant put my fish in quarintine for the 6 weeks any other options. iv been feeding with garlic i tried ick attack in the display and i have copper in the quarintine. thanks

I'm in the same boat. I initially put them in a 20 gal QT an tried hyposalinity, but it created too much stress. So I moved all fish back to DT. I'm using Ich Attack right now and giving them plenty of food. I'm hoping they'll be able to fight it off on their own. So far, so good.

**stressing your fish will kill them quicker than any ich will**

ick attack didnt work well for me i saw no results i just dont wanna put my hippo tang into my dt and have it get ick again so i wanna try to kill it in the dt but i have coral and inverst so i cant use copper medications

i know they will not work because they are not working, do you think my fish would be fine in the quarintine while i let my tank sit fallow the one i am most woried about is the sailfin. the others are clown fish fire fish and a watchmen goby. if i could put them in quarintine with copper to treat them and leave the tank fallow for 6 to 8 weeks would this kill the parasites in my tank

i know they will not work because they are not working, do you think my fish would be fine in the quarintine while i let my tank sit fallow the one i am most woried about is the sailfin. the others are clown fish fire fish and a watchmen goby. if i could put them in quarintine with copper to treat them and leave the tank fallow for 6 to 8 weeks would this kill the parasites in my tank
Yes,,i'd do 8...and the fish will be fine in QT for 8 weeks IMO..they sit in small LFS tanks for that long ,sometimes longer..Your doing the right thing..As long as you QT everything from now on...I never used copper,,i always do hypo ...be careful with it
Good luck,,,and those are great links ,,well worth the read

Back
Top Bottom