Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
My porcupine puffer dies this Mornin cause of ich I had been treating him for two weeks in a qt tank but he lost the battle ick won I have anothe porc puffer wich is much smaller he's seems healthy but how can I prevent this from happening again

I would recommend quarantining all new arrivals in a quarantine tank for 2-4 wks. That way you can prevent ich from being introduced to your main tank again. Also, if your puffer was in your display tank, chances are that that tank has ich now too, and needs to be empty for 8 wks for the ich to die off. I would also recommend treating the fish that are in the display now (in a QT tank), if the puffer acquired ich while in the main tank.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Lots of water changes one every week and Not a lot of light the ick is attracted to light an it is worse with salt water take this advise and u will be fine also rise the filters out every day

Ok so ur sayin turn the light off from Time to time right?

Yes keep the light off with ick in tank light is like the food for ick worst thing u can do to it fish is leave the light on and yes ick is affected by light, the light will make the ick grow ick is like alge also it grows with light

Ok guys thanx for the tips in pretty sure my porc puffer will have a great life e
Ahead

Any time of u need me just ask I work at a fish store so I know what I'm talking about u should see how many fish I have just by telling people to keep the lights off and remember go to the store and get rid ick plus for salt water it helps trust me I have had my battles with ick and won them every time

Cool thanx for the good info an dose rid ick save for live rock an coral cus ikno copper safe isn't ?

Back
Top Bottom