Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ich and stress go hand in hand. A healthy fish won't get ich.
This will come from several things. To ensure ich is gone from your display tank you will need to run your tank fallow for the life cycles of ich, which is at least 6 weeks. Fish with ich can then be placed in a quarantine tank to be treated with either a copper based medication or hyposalinity.
As for what is currently going on in your display tank, can you tell us more about it? What are the current parameters? 9 chances out of 10 there is an issue going on in the water column that will require large water changes on top of the 10% weekly water changes to begin to resolve.

I changed 50% of my water I have 150 gallon aquarium all my fishes die already all I have left is snails live rock and a star . My saltwater level it is between 0.21 to 0.22 I checked for ammonia and it is 0 ppm. So now what I am going to do is to start a hospital tank I am still new at this Hobby been about 4 months my tank is running

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Can you tell us more about the system? The salinity is a tad low, but that isn't the issue at hand.
Can you check nitrites and nitrates?
How many fish did you add at once? Even a cycled tank can have the bacteria overwhelmed if too many fish are added at once.
How much live rock and sand is in the system? 1 lbs per gallon on both will provide enough places for fish to hide and for enough beneficial bacteria to grow on.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have live rock about 11 pieces send I have about 50 pounds .. I first started with 4 beginner fishes .. no I do not have NITRITES AND NITRAES tester

e1b16621bfd5506b0740d2afcd54710f.jpg

Can ick live without fishes???

Yes and no. It needs fish to complete its life cycle. The life cycle of ich is between 6-8 weeks long, with the only stage we can see is the third stage and the cysts we see on our fish. The first is where they grow in the sandbed before moving into the second and are swimming into the water column in search of a fish. Due to this, this is why we recommend leaving a tank fallow for the 6-8 week period to ensure there isn't any ich in the system before adding livestock into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom