Ick/Half Black Angel will not feed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robocop

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am treating my Half Black Angel for Ick in a Hospital tank and it will not feed. Still have some spots but I just started the curing process. Levels are fine. How do I get him to eat? Also, I read about treating ick for 16day....the question I have...do I put the medication in the water every day for 16day? Would that stress the fish to death?

What treatment are you using?

You could try soaking the food in something like garlic extreme.. it will make it more appealing and give a nice little boost to the immune system. You might also want to add some vitamin preparation like zoe or selcon.

What are you treating him with? Was the fish eating before the treatment? Also if using copper, do you have a copper test kit? What kind of copper and what kind of test kit?
Sorry for all the questions, but they will help us, help you. :fadein:

I'm using Green X.....I just got the fish and it got ick so I don't know if it ate before I had it

I don't know about this product, but I wouldn't use anything for parasite treatment that you cannot measure the level of concentration for. The medicine may be making him sicker. I have heard that malachite green is rather harsh.
IMO I would switch to a hyposalinity treatment if you are sure its ich. It is very easy for the fish to tolerate and quite effective for ich.
If you must use a med, try cupramine. its a copper compound which is also tolerated well, but extremely effective.
Here is an article on hypo. Have used it myself with good results.
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/hyposalinity.html

Back
Top Bottom