Ick help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done it twice and fish didn't survive either time used the cupramine twice and both times the fish was cured and I still have them to this day

tonedogz said:
I've done it twice and fish didn't survive either time used the cupramine twice and both times the fish was cured and I still have them to this day

That's the issue with fish keeping. Everyone does things differently and has different results and opinions. Me personally I have my dt at hypo for the past month when I had an outbreak of ick. And guess what I haven't had any fish die or any changes in tank parameters ph swings or anything at all. Would I recommend someone hypo their dt never but I had one option and I did it and it's working for me.

yes ft you can probable find a few but the majority would suggest a longer period. Just didn't want to see him make a mistake and kill off his fish cause he's not really sure how to proceed.I still like ya though
(y),, NP ,,i like you too buddy,heck,i like everybody ..:D

i agree this site is great for getting tons of opinions and peoples experiences...
I started putting all new fish into a QT that was at hypo about 6 years ago..Only lost a naso tang that basically refused to eat..I don't believe it was related to being in hypo though..
Also a lot of people say if the fish is in a severe state and completely covered its best to do a FW dip to relieve it and put into hypo ASAP..

OP good luck

Back
Top Bottom