Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ick help

This Mornin I found ick on my tomato clown an clown fish also my Fiji puffer is showing sings except my diomond goby wat can I do I can bear to loose this fish plz help

Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrother
This Mornin I found ick on my tomato clown an clown fish also my Fiji puffer is showing sings except my diomond goby wat can I do I can bear to loose this fish plz help
What u need to do is go hypo ammediatly

Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

remove those fish to a qt tank right away. Get yourself some cupramine made by seachem which is a copper based medicine works great you'll need to get a copper test kit to insure a proper copper level, follow the directions on the bottle. Do not use in your dt or with the rock or inverts. Test kits that work are salifert or api,
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #4

I would advise against copper as it is Not a humane way to treat it trust me what u want to do is hypo salinity treatment I have performed it many times and have totally rid my tank of white spot...whites pot has a cycle life,without fish it will die off .what u need to do is get your fish in a quarantine with nothing but your fish no sand nothing just some plastic pipe work for fish to hide..lower your specific gravity to 1008 then over the course of 6-8 weeks gradually raise it back make sure they are all cured before they go back and this will ensure the parasite dies in the display tank...in future quarantine your fish when u buy them
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Already put them in a qt tank this Mornin my clown died b4 I could get him out he was a Lil guy I'm lowered the salinity aswell from 22 to 19 I will lower it more tomorrow
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

by time you lower the salinity over a two to three day period as you should you could have been treating the ich already. Cupramine is not as toxic or irratating to fish as other coppers, used it on my flame for 3 weeks cleared it all up no problems also you will need a refractometer to gauge the salinity accurately if you do hypo
Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yea il do it lower it over the term of 6 to eight weeks so I don't hurt the fish I have heard that hypo works also a fresh water dip work too but I don't really wana do that just yet
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

So ick will die if there's no fish in it? How long does it take & does it attach itself only to the fish or the whole tank?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrother
Yea il do it lower it over the term of 6 to eight weeks so I don't hurt the fish I have heard that hypo works also a fresh water dip work too but I don't really wana do that just yet
Mate hypo salinity actually calms the fish down 19 won't help u get it down to 08 within 36 hours and your fish will be fine ....
Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You don't lower the salinity over six weeks to do hypo. You can do it over a few hours . Then you leave the fish in hypo for 6-8 weeks then slowly raise it over a weeks time. Fish can go from normal salinity to hypo without issues . It's bringing it back up that you need to do it slowly.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com