Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

ick...is it possible for only one fish to get it?

Hi all, Sorry for all the questions I am a newbie at this... Is it possible that only one fish my heni butterfly to have ick? I just noticed him not acting right just kinda hanging out behind a piece of lr and not eating(which he always does) and upon looking closer at him he has white dots on his fins. The cleaner shrimp is staying right by him too. All my other fish seem ok no spots and eating like the little pigs they are. Also yesterday for the first time I fed frozen squid and he was the only one to eat it could that be the problem? please help me... Do I need to Qt him? tia

Old 04-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
It's possible but not likely. I would QT the butterfly immediately and treat him for ich. Watch the other fish closely...you may get lucky. Butterflies are very susceptible to ich where some other fish are not. I don't think feeding the squid would have anything to do with an ich infestation. If you start to see signs of ich on the other fish, QT them all, treat them, and keep them there until the parasites have died out in the main tank.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

What exactlly are the signs of ick other than the white spots? And how long is the QT period?

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com