ick...is it possible for only one fish to get it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, Sorry for all the questions I am a newbie at this... Is it possible that only one fish my heni butterfly to have ick? I just noticed him not acting right just kinda hanging out behind a piece of lr and not eating(which he always does) and upon looking closer at him he has white dots on his fins. The cleaner shrimp is staying right by him too. All my other fish seem ok no spots and eating like the little pigs they are. Also yesterday for the first time I fed frozen squid and he was the only one to eat it could that be the problem? please help me... Do I need to Qt him? tia

It's possible but not likely. I would QT the butterfly immediately and treat him for ich. Watch the other fish closely...you may get lucky. Butterflies are very susceptible to ich where some other fish are not. I don't think feeding the squid would have anything to do with an ich infestation. If you start to see signs of ich on the other fish, QT them all, treat them, and keep them there until the parasites have died out in the main tank.

Back
Top Bottom