Ick on my clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used Formalin in the past and had good results. It depends on what else you have in your tank and if you are able to quarrantine your clownfish. If you have a quarrantine tank I would move him over to that and treat with Formalin as directed. You can reduce the salinity in the quarrantine tank as well. It kills the parasites. I learned a long time ago that if you keep the salinity slightly low (very slightly) all of the time, the parasites can't live in the water but the fish are just fine. Again it really depends on what else you have, I tend to think this might not be the best for invertebrates. Good Luck!

I've done a freshwater dip on one of my maroon clowns when she had some spots. She's been squeaky clean and healthy ever since!

Quarantining and treating with non reef safe medicine would be your best bet IMO. You can buy a 5g or 10g tank for $15 max at a petco or petsmart and do it there. I've also done freshwater dips, but it can stress your fish to death.

My clowfish have lil white pimple looking things on them do you jave any pics of your clowns maybe mine have the ick

I've used kick ich recently and it was useless. My fishes still had ick. Now they're in QT with copper treatment

I had a pair of clownfish that developed brooklynella (spelling?). It was far too late after I treated them properly.

But I ran quick cure (contains formalin) and copper in a 10g quarantine tank. I believe that would've been the right treatment had I got it to them sooner.

Might not want to take advice from a guy who's fishes died though. :(

hello all. i am new to this forum and i too am looking for possible solutions to curing my oscellaris clowns. first off, tank parameters are excellent with live rock and sand. however, i thought it was ich and treated it but incorrect. therefore, my humuhumu trigger, chromi, one oscellaris out of four has passed within one week. yesterday another oscellaris has passed after i put the three in QT to include fresh water dip and formalin dip. now the last two are still eating but are fading. body has ich symptoms and getting pale patches almost like mucous. assume its brooklynella but formalin does not seem to cure! how do i cure my pair of nemos before they pass and how long will this parasite stay in my tank! please help anyone.

Back
Top Bottom