Ick or Lymphocyctis???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hal,

I would use about 20% of the display tank's water if you can. The best thing to do is get a sponge filter and run it with an air pump in your display tank overnight so you will have some biological filter from that. Also you could use some liverock from the display although the liverock wont really be "live" after you treat with the Maracyn.

Also, in the qt tank daily or bi-daily water changes of up to 50% may be needed to keep the water quality in decent shape.

BTW has there been a temp spike in your aquarium. High temps can encourage bacteria growth, that could be another catalyst.

the temp stays between 78.6 and 79.5 pretty steady...noone around me has a sponge filter...could i use a hot with a bio wheel?

yeah the hot with a biowheel would work. Has it been run on the main aquarium at all? If it has then likely it would yield some bacterial film that could help cycle the qt's water.

no i havent gotten it yet...going to go soon..ill add some LR i have in my fuge as well

UPDATE-
i went and picked up a filter...maracyn2 and cycle.....got the qt up and running.......
NOW HERES THE SHOCKER................ i put mu hand in the sump to put the biowheel in and...........ZAP......felt like i touched a spark plug while a lawn mower was running.......i couldnt believe it..i got my voltage meter and found there was 39.8 volts flowing....HOLY ****...those poor fish...and corals and critters...i couldnt believe it...i started unplugging stuff and found 1 heater was dumping 20 volts....all the LFS were closed so im off early tomorrow to fing a couple of ground probes(the 2 3 stores that were open didnt have any) worse case ill have my electrician make them tomorrow. Im sure the stray voltage has been the problem. Ill update soon

Back
Top Bottom