Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

ick question

125 reef with 6 fishes. All been there for 3 years. No new aditions only corals. Perfectly happy and healthy for 3 years. Don' t understand. Have to put fishes to hyposalnity. Hard to get will be Mandarin. Heard that they do not carry ich. Can I leave him in display for 8 weeks. Of have to treat him too? Thanks

Old 12-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur View Post
125 reef with 6 fishes. All been there for 3 years. No new aditions only corals. Perfectly happy and healthy for 3 years. Don' t understand. Have to put fishes to hyposalnity. Hard to get will be Mandarin. Heard that they do not carry ich. Can I leave him in display for 8 weeks. Of have to treat him too? Thanks
Amazing...I just googled that and am getting mixed responses. Lot's of things say they don't get ich, but a few have actually posted that their mandarin did get ich Sorry, can't help more.

30g FOWLR Tank
8g Mantis Shrimp Tank
all4wheels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I understand. Every coral before I put in my main tank I flushed with tank water to possible wash that of. I will quarantine coral too in the future when I fix this.For 8 weeks. But come on guys, how many of you do this? Put corals in quarantine for 8 weeks. You see beautiful coral in store, you buy it and put in QT with usually worse light really just glass and water. You wait 8 weeks to see his beauty. But still that is way to do it. It is just sad what I have to go thru now.

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com