dips will do nothing for the long term success in being rid of this pest. Once the main tank is infested, dipping the fish and placing it back in the display is only prolonging the issue. All fish
need to be removed from the display to a proper quarantine tank and treated properly with either hyposalinity or copper. Anything else will be hit and miss at best and as long as any fish remain in the display, so will the parasite. Dipping the fish while transfering to a QT
may be effective but if caught early enough (and a proper treatment used) it is not usually needed and will only add to an already stressed fish. Michaels suggestion on the garlic will help reduce the level of parasites on an affected and also aid a proven cure fish but it is not a cure in itself.