Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #31

he will be my large show fish and the others will be my small fish, then again I would down the road like to have a few more fish , 1 large three small does not seem like alot in such a big tank, what do you think?, I mean I dont want to over load but then again I want to have a few more small fish, notto small that can be eaten

Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
If you really want this to work. Get your $45 back, and purchase a qt system. Remove your remaining fish to this system for a 6-8 week period. Treat them for parasite and then you could start over. If there is a parasite present, it will not go away with fish hosts still in your main. Some of you fish may be more resistant, but they will eventually perish. Believe me, many of this have learned this the hard way.
Its up to you. Do it right, or be doomed to continued heartache (and dying pets).

Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think you will be fine with a few more fishin the future with proper filtration. Is your 125 long or tall?

PS. Def. buy a qt. Dont skip this part. It is just as important to me as having water for the fish.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:46 PM   #34

long, seven ft I believe

Old 09-15-2004, 06:04 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Wow, way to heed the advice of everyone on this forum. You placed a new fish in your tank (which you claim just had ich or velvet), and did not even QT the new fish to avoid bringing in additional parasites, etc. This tells me that you could care less about the fish you just bought, nor the fish that survived your previous mistakes.

If we are not learning in this hobby, we are failing. And once again, this is a typical example as to why people are attempting to push legislature through to handcuff our hobby.

You are either blatantly ignorant, or a fraud. Either way I have no more time nor pity for you. "

Wow, harsh.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:07 PM   #36

??

Old 09-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Regular

Nothin', exvisor.. Just thought that post made on pg. 3 seemed a little over the top.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:14 PM   #38

I know what you mean but I did not reply as I learned along time ago arguing with idiots gets you no place, in fact people like that gave me a theory ,I always said god should have made idiots with one eye in the middle of there head so they would be easily spotted before we waste our time with them

Old 09-15-2004, 06:18 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyte
Nothin', exvisor.. Just thought that post made on pg. 3 seemed a little over the top.
If you look around, you will find several threads on ich/velvet for this person. In all cases, the serious need for quarantine was emphasized both BEFORE and AFTER he stated he wanted to put fish back in right away. It was and is understood that the fish will be held at the fish store, which will not help anyway because a.The fish will remain in community water, and could be infected or a carrier b. The fish in the display tank have not been treated. It has been presented clearly that the display tank should be fallow for a given period or otherwise treated appropriately to save the lives of the current or future fish.

Instead, a fish was purchased anyway showing total disregard for the livestock involved. To many of us, THAT is harsh.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #40

A fish was bought but is not in my tank idiot, pay attention before you open your mouth and insult people
Anyway end of conversation

Closed Thread

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com