Identification of this sick fish and what to do.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my friends gave me this fish I do not know what it is. It has a little film over one of its eyes in the body has some bloodshot spots in it it looks to dig in the sand.
NptZVMz.jpg
mr0ZBD9.jpg

Did it have those things when he have it to you or did they appear afterwards? How are the friend's water parameters? Is it both eyes that are cloudy, or just one?

Red spots can be something bacterial or from ammonia. Cloudy eyes are usually bacterial or poor water quality. It's a toss up, IMO...if the tank it came from had poor water quality and/or was not cycled properly, that could be the cause of both. If it was not that, it could be bacterial.

Did it have those things when he have it to you or did they appear afterwards? How are the friend's water parameters? Is it both eyes that are cloudy, or just one? Red spots can be something bacterial or from ammonia. Cloudy eyes are usually bacterial or poor water quality. It's a toss up, IMO...if the tank it came from had poor water quality and/or was not cycled properly, that could be the cause of both. If it was not that, it could be bacterial.
I don't know his water parameters One eye is cloudy. It was fine for like a week. I thought mane i didn't wait long enough for acclimation. It took me about an hr for acclimation.

Back
Top Bottom