I'm SOOOO disappointed! (Update and Q re: Blenny and Goby)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered my White Cheek Tang after an in-stock notification from LiveAquaria. Ordered a couple of other things while it was coming (a couple of tiny gobies, a coral & a couple of shrimp). SO what ships? The gobies & the shrimp.

I was off work tomorrow anyway due to kids school schedule so I arranged for shipping to take place today and now to receive my tang I'm going to have to play hookie another day.

I've been like an expectant parent today getting the water, the qt, etc all in pique performance waiting for my tang and now it isn't even coming. *POUT*. They can't even check with me before shipping because the supplier ships directly and they get notified after actual shipping. So at some point they're going to ship this and not warn me until 6:30 the night before I'm going to receive the fish.

The only way to ensure that the entire order ships together (or nothing at all) would be to not in the customer comments section that you want the entire order shipped out together. Too bad I didn't know that before I ordered. :sorry:

That is the biggest problem with online ordering. I have been in the same boat. Liveaquaria will keep your order open for about two weeks and ship what they did not before when the get it in. Only problem is that you just get an email saying your order has shipped, it is up o you to be there to accept it. Just cancle the rest of the unfilled order and reorder it when you know you will be home to accept the package. I got burned by not doing this.

I just went through the same thing with them last week, I expressed my concerns and they gave me a discount on what I recieved, I lost 2 things in shipment as well. I feel your pain.

I just kept getting "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do" out of the dork on the phone. How did you get discounted? Ya know if I had gotten the WC and *nothing* else I would have been just fine with it! Cancelled the rest and been happy. Since it is THE thing I wanted I'll just tell them what days I can't be home and hope for the best with the Tang. *sigh*

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about ordering from them, but if you ship live items, i think that is a terrible policy. It should be clearly stated that they will ship items separately if not in stock. In order to pay for this hobby, most folks work on days that the shipping occurs, so it is a big deal to get off work.

Sorry to hear you got burned. Thanks for sharing, that will help others like me.

Jim

I know, it sucks. I find it better for the live stock to be shipped to the delivery warehouse(FedEx,UPS, etc) at your location so you can pick it up yourself when you are ready. Riding in a truck that doesnt have climate control in 100F temp for 6 hours doesnt help the livestock at all. Being in the warehouse where you know it has a stable temp is a lot better. Also I think that the live stock will arrive in the warehouse early morning so it can be picked up once the doors are open for customers.

I once also missed a coral delivery in the early AM and I had to wait until 6:30pm to pick it up at the warehouse because that's when the delivery truck was returning.

Got my order. The shrimp, the blenny and one of the three Trimma Gobies survived transit. The Trimma gets to a max adult size of 1"-- I thought having a few of those running around would be fun... bummer. The two that didn't survive were taken off the bill. The barnacle blenny and the trimma goby are in QT right now. The shrimp are in the main.

Is it ok to QT the blenny & goby or do they need my mature tank for food sources?

Back
Top Bottom