I'm Totally Bummed out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I lost my T-Crocea Clam tonight. Things just havent "Looked Right" in my tank for 2 days now, so I have been making water for a 25% water change I was going to do tonight. This afternoon, i see the my clam isnt opening up. Its just pinched shut. I figured it didnt like where it was in the bottom level of the rocks, so i moved it back up to the top. Just a few minutes ago, i was preparing to feed it, and the rest of the tank, when i peaked in and saw that it had jumped again. So i stood it up in the sand so it can feed. Ten minutes later, i look into the tank again, and it has tipped over and i can see the foot drawn completely in and a nasurius snail is going to town in the opening. I hate losing things, and this clam was beautiful. My larger T-Maxima is looks like it is doing well, but one of the 2 rics i got from TW looks like it has expelled its stomach. Something is going on in there, cause now i have Cyano too. ACK THIS SUCKS!!!

There are only 3 things that i have changed in my tank.

1: I started useing PhytoFeast. That **** is going into the garbage.

2: I started running Puregen in my sump. I dont know if that caused anything but im taking it out.

3: I started feeding frozen krill to the Wrass and the Eel along with the silver slides. I doubt if that is causing any trouble cause they are both looking fine.

I Just dont know. ACK!

Its a 55gal AGA with sump, fuge, Aqua-C EV180 Skimmer, 100+lbs LR, 3"DSB, macro, 2x175Watt 14K MH, 2x33Watt NO T8 Actinics.

Turns out i had a major nitrate spike. That is what i think killed it.

Back
Top Bottom