Imperial Anglefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C5thomas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need help. I've got a great juvenile Imperial Angle. Great little guy. Swims everywhere eats good. And spends way too much time with the cleaner shrimp. In fact so much that his color seems to be faded. Like I said everything else is great. Eats, swims and no signs of illness other than obvious color faded. Could the cleaner have cleaned too many dead scales etc.? Everyone else in the tank is healthy and doing great. Water is good. Any ideas? I'm beginning to think he's like the sun tan lady up north. He's over doing it.

Color no longer issue. Fish died. Cleanup crew moved in fast.

What else are you dosing other than iodine? You should get test kits for everything you dose and make needed water change or whatever's needed before you lose anything else.

Everyone else is fine and water is near pristine condition. All other fish are doing great. I'll update later.

Sorry. Iodine 1 drop once a week. It's the only thing I do besides water changes and trace mineral cubes as needed.

Juvenile angels tend to be weak. There is currently one (a Koran) at one of my LFS that looks really faded. I think that is just how a lot of them are (at least most of the small ones Ive seen over the years) until they get larger and bulk up. Sorry about the loss though and glad to hear that the other fish look okay.

Back
Top Bottom