In need of Anemone expert..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmaida17

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone out there know why my BTA keeps shrinking every day? He never fully blooms. Only when my clown plays with him. I've had him for a month and he's been fine. For some reason about a week ago I woke up and I found him laying in the sand and I new my Nitrates were high but were dropping and are fine once again. Do you think he'll come back to life?

Ph is 8.2
Ammonia is 0
Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is 0

They come in different sizes. 150 and 350 are popular bulbs.

so it shouldn't be your lighting, you have enough of that. Has anything changed in the tank since this behavior started? A new fish maybe? Anything go missing in the tank? How about water changes, how often and how much do you do?
:)

Do you know if yours is a clone? I have noticed my clone is doing great but the wild caught one in the same conditions withered and died. They like water temperature 75 to 82, dKH 8-12 , ph 8.1 to 8.4, sg 1.023 to 1.025, calcium 350- to 450, magnesium 1200-1500. Feed it mashed silversides, mysis or mussel tow to three times a week. There is more on the care card I got with mine but that is the first things to look for.

Don't give it large pieces of food I really smash up the shrimp and silversides when I feed it. I do change about 2.5 gallons of water on my tank 2 or 3 times a week instead of one large water change I find the tank stays more stable. Mine is under 150 mh 14k. It is getting to big for my 28 gallon cube I am hoping it will split on it's own.

@ Carey .. The only Marine life I have removed was a Lunar Wrasse yesterday bc after I got him I realized he was going to become to big for my tank but the lady that sold him to me online said he'd be find and on there site it said his size was 2-3 inches so I gave him to a local pet store to find a better home :-(. Oh and he killed my fire and peppermint shrimp along with 6 hermit crabs. He is a amazing fish minus the part of him being a murder. Yesterday I added a Orange spotted Goby, Tiger Pistol shrimp, 3 scarlet hermits, a couple nitrite snails and couple mexican snails.

@Joy.. I saw a kid on youtube that mashed his food for the Anemone a couple days ago and target feeds him and i wanted to do so for mine but he hasn't bloomed enough for his tentacles to catch anything or do you think as long as I target feed he'll catch some in his mouth or should I chop the silverside in 1/3 the piece ? I bought the anemone online so I don't know it its a clone. They only clone I read if there are poor water conditions or get to big for where there are stationed. Is that right?

Mine is a slice and dice at home clone I don't have the stomach to do it to an anemone but others can without a second thought. So mine better spit on its own. I only feed a piece about the size of a pea. Since you have a pretty decent clean up crew feed it a small piece and see if he eats it.

Whattttt??? People cut their anemones in half? That's crazy, and yes I agree watching them split is amazing and I hope mine does too one day. I'll try feeding him and keep you guys/girls updated.

Any idea when I turn my Metal Halide light on my BTA shrinks and when I have my atintics on he's normal? I thought they get more of their growth and health from photosynthesis ?

I've had him for a month he should not have to.. he was fine for 3 weeks and just started doing this a week ago. :-(

Back
Top Bottom