Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Exclamation Infection On Blue Spotted Stingray

Hello everybody! I am new here but I have been in the Ray/Shark hobby for over 2 years and in the aquarium hobby in general for over 4 years. Today I have run up on a problem that I have never had before, I have a blue spotted stingray that I recently purchased, that seams to have a small cut on the bottom of the disc. I was told by a few of my LFS's to get a product called "Betadine" and to remove the ray from the tank and apply it to him with a q-tip in a 5 gallon bucket, once every other day until it starts to look better. Now I fully trust him, but I am afraid this could stress the new ray out too much. As of right now after only 48 hours, she is eating like a pig, so I know she is healthy, but I can see the cut, and I know it is making her uncomfortable. I have thought that maybe a product like "Eugenol" (that I once used for puffer fish teeth trimming) could knock the ray out while I apply the medication. Now I know this exact medication has side effects that could endanger the fish, so I really need one that is ray-safe, or an entirely different way to keep the cut from getting infected. I hope you can help.
Mrcobra92 is offline   Reply With Quote

blue, infection, sting, stingray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com