Infection On Blue Spotted Stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrcobra92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody! I am new here but I have been in the Ray/Shark hobby for over 2 years and in the aquarium hobby in general for over 4 years. Today I have run up on a problem that I have never had before, I have a blue spotted stingray that I recently purchased, that seams to have a small cut on the bottom of the disc. I was told by a few of my LFS's to get a product called "Betadine" and to remove the ray from the tank and apply it to him with a q-tip in a 5 gallon bucket, once every other day until it starts to look better. Now I fully trust him, but I am afraid this could stress the new ray out too much. As of right now after only 48 hours, she is eating like a pig, so I know she is healthy, but I can see the cut, and I know it is making her uncomfortable. I have thought that maybe a product like "Eugenol" (that I once used for puffer fish teeth trimming) could knock the ray out while I apply the medication. Now I know this exact medication has side effects that could endanger the fish, so I really need one that is ray-safe, or an entirely different way to keep the cut from getting infected. I hope you can help.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom