injured leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, while on break, my ex's SW tank dropped 5 inches of water. This exposed most of the leather to the air, and it is not doing well..

but it is still alive, has shed a little bit, can it make a full recovery? I mean, ditch the dead art and stay alive and what can I do to help? I have to move it into a new tank here in a week or two (see my thread in the getting started forum)

I would think that a 5" drop in water also cause a huge spike in SG.

If the leather is not doing well you can frag the good parts and make one or more smaller leathers. I had to do this last year. One of my yellow leather frags is now bigger than the original. I now have half a dozen frags from my toadstool leather that are various sizes, though none any where near as big the original.

ok. Yeah. SG was off the chart over 1.03..or is it 1.3....wahtever, it was way to high....also lost some ricordia, I think those ar ethe onjly things I have actually lost as of right now....other than that the tank just looks like crap :/

Get it back slowly to where it needs to be (salinity) and if the leather takes a turn for the worse then I would frag it. I have a post somewhere on fragging a leather. Let me know if you need it and I`ll find it.

Back
Top Bottom