Injured Leather Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
While moving a giant leather coral today, its stalk split due to its weight (it leaned over while being moved). This piece is a monster. It was not a complete break, and is a few inches above the base where it is attached. Any suggestions on what I can do for it? TIA.

Andy

If the stalk is being stressed from the weight (continued splitting) you can hold both sections together with toothpicks to provide balanced support; otherwise, make sure there is enough water flow to keep the area flushed. I'd let the stalk split on its own from there, if it so "chooses." Watch other corals in the display since leathers can be noxious and especially after trauma. Be prepared to perform a water change if you have not already done so ;)

If you want to you could also frag that part that tore. Check out my post on fragging a finger leather I posted yesterday. Just cut that part off and attach to another piece of rock. Just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom