Injured Opae ula Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roseynick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have four little Opae Ula shrimp and love them to bits, however, whilst giving their container a clean out today i caught one of the smaller ones under a small pebble by accident. I carefully moved the pebble off it, and it slowly crawled away from where it was and acted a bit slower than normal. Since then however, its condition appears to have deteriorated as it seems to have lost the ability to swim, instead it just lays on the bottom, occasionally kicking its legs. Also when it attempts to crawl or one of the shrimps swim into it by accident, it flops over onto its back or side and just lyes there motionless, only occasionally moving a leg or two. On a few occasions i have gently moved their container to try to flip the poor thing back onto its front, but i don't want to do this too often as i'm scared i'm going to hurt it more, or injure the others. This is the first time i've had shrimp, so i'm not a great expert on problems, but could somebody give me any information on what could be wrong with it, and/or if it will recover. :( thank you

Back
Top Bottom