Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
injured royal gramma, open wound

Some of my LR collapsed today, and after some significant time spent getting it stable again, I found my royal gramma had a large wound on his 'forehead,' about the size of his eye. It appears that he was either injured by the falling rock, or perhaps in trying to hide from all of the disturbance in the tank he scraped himself. In any case his scales / skin are completely sliced back, attached but flapping, exposing white (muscle, fat?) below.

The gramma is the only fish in this tank at present, however I do have many inverts. How concerned about infection should I be, and what can I do to help him heal? He is acting extremely stressed. This occured late tonight so I can do whatever needs to be done first thing in the morning.

Gramma and I thank you : )

copi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Mainly keep the water quality high and do a few good sized water changes with some well aged and airated fresh mix.
Also feed him some good quality foods high in [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym] and lace his food with a good vitamin supplement such as selcon.
Should heal up on its own. Let us know if it does not.
quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote

injured, royal, royal gramma, wound

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com