Internal parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys

I noticed my clown has had clear/whitish poop for the 5 months I've had him. But in the last 2 months ive noticed that he looks kinda thin to me, I can see a little of his spine bulging a little. Not too much though. He still looks fine, eats like a pig. I did do 2 treatments of prazipro, but I'm not sure if he still has parasites. I think if he did have them, he'd be dead by now. The qt tank he is in has horrible lighting and that might make him look thin. But I'm not sure, what so you guys think?

He is not strictly on a mysis diet, but I believe he is a wild caught fish.

Hey guys

I noticed my clown has had clear/whitish poop for the 5 months I've had him. But in the last 2 months ive noticed that he looks kinda thin to me, I can see a little of his spine bulging a little. Not too much though. He still looks fine, eats like a pig. I did do 2 treatments of prazipro, but I'm not sure if he still has parasites. I think if he did have them, he'd be dead by now. The qt tank he is in has horrible lighting and that might make him look thin. But I'm not sure, what so you guys think?

He is not strictly on a mysis diet, but I believe he is a wild caught fish.

White stringy poop is associated with Internal Parasites but also many fish, especially if it is wild caught carry worms, which can cause the white stringy poop. PraziPro should be fine to deworm them. You may want to consider a medicated food and treat for Parasites.

Best regards,
Frank

White stringy poop is associated with Internal Parasites but also many fish, especially if it is wild caught carry worms, which can cause the white stringy poop. PraziPro should be fine to deworm them. You may want to consider a medicated food and treat for Parasites.

Best regards,
Frank

I did try the prazipro and nothing worked, and he doesn't eat any of the medicated food I have, could it be a bacterial thing? I was thinking of trying either maracyn or metro.

He has been doing great with the white poo for months, is it possible that it's from stress (he's in qt right now with ich, and has been for the last 3 months) or can he live with them and be fine? But then I guess It can spread to the other fish.

I did try the prazipro and nothing worked, and he doesn't eat any of the medicated food I have, could it be a bacterial thing? I was thinking of trying either maracyn or metro.

He has been doing great with the white poo for months, is it possible that it's from stress (he's in qt right now with ich, and has been for the last 3 months) or can he live with them and be fine? But then I guess It can spread to the other fish.

Generally, white feces is caused' from worms, parasites or stress. So yes, it very well could be stress.

I personally don't think it's bacterial. What kind of medicated food are you trying? If you have access to it you may want to try the Dr. Gs medicated food or the caviar. I've used it and have had success with it.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom