Inverts dying fish seem ok.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freekazz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 600 SW/Reef tank that up until about 3 weeks ago was fine. I had a spike in ph , which I too quickly brought down with co2, and up again to fast with cal. My fish were fine, but all my live rock and inverts died with in about 2 weeks. I've tried adding new snails, crabs, etc. they're ok for a day or two then seem to become paryalized die. all my levels including Iron r ok. any ideas. oh, i've done 4 water changes ( approx 150 gal at a time) still no luck. I really need to get my cleaning crew back, quickly! I have all sorts of icky stuff growing now. My lighting is down to the bear min. Please help!!!

What caused the PH spike? Any meds added to the water? Need water parameters
PH , ALK, NO3, NO2, NH3, salinity? What is "icky stuff" that is growing? Why you checking for iron?

all my levels are OK LFS suggested that because we have well water & adding iron that it could be the cause.

Iron wouldn't be the issue here really. It is quickly used up by algaes. What you should test for is copper.

Do you use a tap water conditioner to treat the water before it goes in the tank and if so, what?

Have you vere had a water analysis done of the well water?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom