Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2004, 03:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
is he dead?

so i ahve this lta. i got him on sunday and put him in the tank. he was doing fine for the first few days he moved and found a new place that he liked and stayed there for some time. then it looked like he wanted to move. but i think what it was was his foot lost a hold of the rock. and now he dose not get a hold of anything. it is night time in the tank and his mouth is wide open. i will watch for it in the day to see if it stayes open or now. but he can not get a hold of anything. he is not decaying or any thing but i dont know if there is some thing wrong. i tested the water and all is just good. no2 and no3 all at 0 and very thing else is great too. he has been eating. i gave him some silver side a few days ago and he ate that right up and to day one of om chromis is gone. i think he had fish for dinner. so i dont know. any help? thank you

Old 07-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

he just lays on his side all the tiem. he cant hold himself up or stick to a rock or sand.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
It does not sound good at all. his foot should be very sticky as well as his tenticles.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

well see that is just it. his tenticles are very sticky. and he is open. he looks great but he just cant hold him self up on a rock or sand. i have a pic that i took of him this morning. and will post it.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photop...cat=500&page=1

here is a pic i took today when the light turned on. he is open more but in the same spot. any thing i can do?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:13 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

so before i went to work to dayi put a rock next to his foot. thinking that he might pull him self up or some thing. well he is slowly. he moved closer to the rock and is slowly picking him self up off the ground. i think that the lfs might have hurt his foot a little when they tryed to get him off the rock he was on. that makes me mad but hay he is not dead. just along as he is healty.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here I go again with a similar problem like others. We got our long tentacle anemone about 4 weeks ago and since we put him in our tank, he never really attached himself onto anything, I thought myabe because we didn't have the thick sand bed that it supposedly requires. It's had its good and bad moments like yours. Sometimes fully inflated and most of the times looks halfway inflated and secreting some sticky stuff on the base. I don't recall ours being ever that sticky. It doesnt seem to have much hold on the food that we feed it close to its mouth. and his mouth is almost always open... and like u, I don't know if my LTA is alive or barely alive, dying or maybe it's just his personality.

EHEIM 2215 Canister Filter, AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer w preskim box, 36" PFO Lights with 2x 250W 10K MH and 2x96W T3 Actinics, JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/10 hp w/ Eheim 1250 Pump, Turbo-Twist 3x UV Sterilizer 9W, (1) Yellow Tang
(1)Potter's Angel, (2) Skunk Cleaner Shrimps,(1) Eibli's Angel, (26) Turbo Snails,(10) Nassarius Snails, (2) Sand sifting starfish
(1) Regal "hippo" Tang, (20) Hermit Crabs, (1) Coral Beauty, (1) Pygmy Angel, (1) Serpent Star, (1) Brittle Star, Pumping Xenia, Finger Leather, Yellow Polyps, Green Star Polyps, Colt Leather, Mushrooms, (2) Maxijet 600 PH and (2) Maxijet 1200 PH
Am I Overstocked Yet?
evenings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com