is he dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i ahve this lta. i got him on sunday and put him in the tank. he was doing fine for the first few days he moved and found a new place that he liked and stayed there for some time. then it looked like he wanted to move. but i think what it was was his foot lost a hold of the rock. and now he dose not get a hold of anything. it is night time in the tank and his mouth is wide open. i will watch for it in the day to see if it stayes open or now. but he can not get a hold of anything. he is not decaying or any thing but i dont know if there is some thing wrong. i tested the water and all is just good. no2 and no3 all at 0 and very thing else is great too. he has been eating. i gave him some silver side a few days ago and he ate that right up and to day one of om chromis is gone. i think he had fish for dinner. so i dont know. any help? thank you

It does not sound good at all. his foot should be very sticky as well as his tenticles.

so before i went to work to dayi put a rock next to his foot. thinking that he might pull him self up or some thing. well he is slowly. he moved closer to the rock and is slowly picking him self up off the ground. i think that the lfs might have hurt his foot a little when they tryed to get him off the rock he was on. that makes me mad but hay he is not dead. just along as he is healty.

Here I go again with a similar problem like others. We got our long tentacle anemone about 4 weeks ago and since we put him in our tank, he never really attached himself onto anything, I thought myabe because we didn't have the thick sand bed that it supposedly requires. It's had its good and bad moments like yours. Sometimes fully inflated and most of the times looks halfway inflated and secreting some sticky stuff on the base. I don't recall ours being ever that sticky. It doesnt seem to have much hold on the food that we feed it close to its mouth. and his mouth is almost always open... and like u, I don't know if my LTA is alive or barely alive, dying or maybe it's just his personality.

Back
Top Bottom