Is he losing his protective coating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My clown has this white stringy stuff on him, I was told that was usually their protective coating. Thing is, I don't know why. He seems perfectly heathly, as do all my other fish. I double checked my water parameters and I see no cause for alarm. Nitrate about 4, ammonia 0, ph 8.2, nitrite 0, sg 1.023, temp 78. What gives?

Where was this "white stringy stuff" on him? Bottom? It could have simply been "poop". My clowns can really put out some "white stuff".

:)

Most of it was around his face and there was also some on bottom. But I was wondering, he was beside his anemone (though fully extended), maybe from it?

Actually, I know it's not his poop, cuz he's pooping right now but there are a few pieces on his nose, looks nothing like the poop. :?: Hmmm, hope he's not going to get sick on me

It may be from the anenome....when my anenome excretes its stringy so it may be attaching itself to the clown...

It must be, because I was watching him all day today and saw no more signs of it. He's my favorite, so I sort of fuss over him ya know?

Back
Top Bottom